Classes I Teach
Geology 161: Physical Geology
Learn about rocks and minerals, earthquakes, volcanoes, and other geological hazards and processes
Geology 165: California Geology
- Our state is one of the most intriguing places on our planet. Learn about the Sierra Nevada, Cascades volcanoes, the San Andreas Fault, and much more!
- Geology 166: Historical Geology
The Earth has undergone many changes over the course of 4.6 billion years. Learn about the dinosaurs and other forms of ancient life, as well as the movements of continents and the growth of mountain ranges around the world and in the American West.
- One-Day Geology Field Studies (Geology 172, 173, 175, 176)
- A single day of traveling in central California reveals an incredible landscape of different geological features, without the stress of camping and getting dirty...
- Geology 187: Geology of the Death Valley Region
- Death Valley: the hottest, driest, and lowest place in the western hemisphere. It is a wonderful place to be in February!
Geology 185: Geology of the California's Volcanoes
We tour the potentially active volcanoes of the southern Cascades: Shasta, Crater Lake, Medicine Lake Highland, and Lassen Peak
- Geology 186: Geology of the Eastern Sierra Nevada
- An exploration of the awesome eastern escarpment of the Sierra Nevada, the White Mountains and the Long Valley Caldera.
- Geology 191 - Geology of the Colorado Plateau (Summer 2018)
Exploring one of the most incredible landscapes on planet Earth: Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands, Black Canyon, Mesa Verde, and many other parks and monuments of the Four Corners region.